Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oops, did I start a blog?

I feel like I've been ignoring my lil' blog. Well, it's true - I have been! I guess after spending 5 days, 40 hours a week staring at my computer at work...well blogging, I'm just not that into you (lately).

But I'm back, and I promise to try and be better. Girl Scouts honor.

What have I been up to you ask? Just scrappin', went to see the Allman Brothers Band, reading some books, and watching some movies. June just flew right by me and I can't believe it's July already! Kevin's little brother's band, The Mapes wrapped up the month with a show at Carey Hart's Wasted Space inside the Hard Rock Hotel. It was awesome. And holy crap...Al Franken is now Senator Franken...and it only took 7 months to get there. So much has happened!

Some pics from the Allman Brothers Show - the quality kind of sucks, I took them with my Blackberry and used a drunk dancing photographer. But you get the feeling...we all had an amazing night!






Fireworks! This was a fun surprise!





And of course, I have done some fun scrapsketch creative team layouts for June! Steph has really done a ton of cool new stuff with the scrapsketch blog including adding challenges with monthly RAK's. Steph and the CT girls work really hard over there so be sure to check them out and leave some love!

(Please leave a comment if you are interested in specific products you see! Thanks!)

sketch 93



sketch 95
(I flipped this sketch counterclockwise)




sketch 103




sketch 105



I want to give a quick shout-out to Kara Henry's blog, Craft-tastical. Not only does the girl do amazing sewing projects (killer tutorial included), make fantastic baby quilts (step by step with weekly updates!), post super inspiring layouts once a week, but she ALSO posts free digital scrapping kit downloads! Seriously, they rock! I'll get the hang of it one day...and when I do I'll post some for ya'll to check out. But until then, go to Craft-tastical, check out Kara's rockin' blog, and leave her some love!

I've been a busy lil' scrapper lately, so be sure to check out my gallery over at
the fabulous Scrap-Diner site. You should also check out the forums, you'll find a fun group of super creative women to hang with! There are also 2 guest designers each month this summer for the Summer Concert Series - awesome challenges and really the prizes are amazing!

And finally - let me enable you...the store at Scrap-Diner is always stocked with the hippest paper crafting supplies one could ever desire! Shop shop shop, the shipping is quick - and be sure to check out the home page for the monthly special! Not to mention...you get candy with your order. Yup, I was immediately hooked.

No comments: