Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Today your love, tomorrow the world

This is one of my favorite Ramones songs. I know the lyrics are pretty unrelatable, but the actual chorus of "Today your love, tomorrow the world!" hits home for me.

All of the NSD Scrap Diner Challenges were posted over the weekend. I was able to get started on them last night and this is what I came up with for the first challenge Girl Put Your Records On.



The challenge was to do a layout the describes you and uses a song title as the layout title. Once it the layout is posted, you are to explain why this layout represents you.

"Today your love, tomorrow the world" by the Ramones is probably an odd choice to some. But ignore the lyrics, I just find this title to be empowering. And so descriptive of who I am today. This picture was taken on my wedding day, post ceremony. The journaling reads: "This was the day it all fell into place. The new found courage comes from our forever love." When I got married it was like I shed this unknown fear...who could have guessed just how afraid I was to never have someone in my corner. It was like a revelation, I now had someone who will always be there for me. It boosted my confidence and made me more comfortable in my skin. Finding my soul mate was truly a discovery of the half of me I didn't even know was missing.


I picked the orange, teal, gold, browns, and whites because they are powerful, yet soft and graceful. The flowers, flying bird, and butterflies are all representative of me constantly spreading my wings, blooming into a new and hopefully better person each day.


Products:
Jenni Bowlin die cut, butterfly PP, and musical score PP
Prima flowers and felt border
Petaloo Flowers
My Mind's Eye PP and tag
Bazil Bling CS
Misc ribbon and bling from my stash

No comments: